Sunday, July 13, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana (Chocolate Chip) Muffins

Muffins - Bakery Style (and healthy!)

I was in the mood for muffins...but not just any muffins! You see, I love muffins and muffin-shaped foods - I could eat muffins every day and love it! Yet, sometimes my muffin recipes end up with flat tops, or they're too heavy, and it breaks my heart. So, I've been doing some research...

In searching for how bakeries get that big, puffy, delicious muffin top, I began to notice how some recipes called for a baking temperature of 425 degrees, before lowering it to 350 degrees to continue baking. Intrigued, I had to try it. And viola! This recipe, from Sally's Baking Addiction, tested just that and was a huge success!


Almost full 
I found the recipe on Pinterest (where else?) and within minutes I was in the kitchen. And my grandmother's "Ellen is baking something" sensation must have been tingling because she stopped by the house just in time to try one! (And may I say, they totally passed inspection.)

Baking the muffins at 425 degrees for the first 5 minutes made such a difference, for it gave them a chance to puff up on the top, then continue baking after lowering the oven to 350 degrees. I also followed the instructions when filling the muffin pan, and put the batter nearly to the top of each liner (this recipe made 12 wonderful sized muffins.)
Now, for the taste - delicious! The chocolate chips are optional, but something about peanut butter, honey, and chocolate just makes a girl happy. I added a handful of mini dark chocolate chips into the batter, and sprinkled some on top before baking. (That's what I call posh!) Not to mention, these muffins are healthy! Healthy with everyday items! I'm all for good-for-you meals/snacks and these were perfect! Made with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, no butter, no oil - it's a muffin good enough for breakfast or a mid-day snack! (or both...and maybe lunch, too) I know you'll just love them! So, click here for the recipe, preheat your ovens to 425, get your ingredients out, and let your posh shine!

With love (for food),
Ellen

--A dash of posh can make all the difference in your next dish!--

No comments:

Post a Comment