Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Best Sugar Cookie Recipe EVER!

World's Best Sugar Cookies

(And I mean the "best")

I have found the most amazing recipe for sugar cookies WITH royal icing! Look no further for a sugar cookie which melts in your mouth, yet stands the test of rolling, cutting, and being iced. Even without the icing, and merely baked up as a drop cookie - these. are. the. best. They're not too sweet. They have just enough lemon flavor. And they're wonderful. So thank you to Butter, with a Side of Bread for this amazing recipe and step by step instructions!

These cookies were such a big hit, my family is still raving about them! To quote my dear grandmother (who doesn't really eat sugar cookies as rule), these were "absolutely the best I've ever had." Along with that, I heard her say they were "so light!" and "the world's best sugar cookies!" (Now you know they're good!) I was touched. It was such an honor! I really put myself into these cookies, and took the time to roll, cut, bake, frost, and decorate each one. And trust me, these cookies certainly took time, but were totally worth every sweet, lemony bite. 

Plus, this recipe was super easy to follow. I made the cookies up one day (the hottest and most humid day of the week, of course). The next day I made the royal icing (a great recipe, too - I used the meringue powder version) and put it into small squeeze bottles with caps. This site does a great job explaining how to frost the cookies, and above I showed my step-by-step process. (As a note, don't be afraid to add a little water to the icing if it becomes too thick. Adding a couple drops at a time and stirring well can make a huge difference.) 


In total, I spent about 4 hours frosting, and there were a lot of cookies! So, this would be a great recipe to make with friends or family. Click here to see the recipe (and visit an awesome site). Plus, there's so many ways you can make this recipe your own by adding some posh! Choose your colors, shapes, decorations, perhaps a theme, or roll the cookies into balls, dip in sugar, and bake as classic sugar cookies. Whatever you choose, they will be delicious - I just know it. And your family, too, will fall in love with these light, soft, hint-of-lemon sugar cookies! (Mine did!)
With love (for food),
Ellen
--A dash of posh can make all the difference in your next dish!--

No comments:

Post a Comment