Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Cinnamon Crunch Bagels

I realize this will be my third bagel post... but they're just so much fun to make!! I blame my loving brother for getting me hooked on a similar type of cinnamon bagel from a local bagel shop at my school...

Now, there's just something about shaping, boiling, baking, and toasting for that perfect crunch and chewy center... every step in this recipe is well worth it! And this recipe was super easy to follow - and don't even get me started on the taste!! With cinnamon both in the dough, and cinnamon sugar on top, you'll see why they're called cinnamon CRUNCH bagels! So a big thank you to "Buns in my Oven" for this terrific recipe, found here!


Now, if this is your first time making bagels and you're thinking it's too much work, or it seems practically impossible...well...frankly, you're wrong. (Sorry.) But these bagels are super easy and so worth it!

Be sure to check out my other bagel posts (here and here) for further step-by-step instructions and tips for making bagels, or read on to see how I made these adorable cuties! (Yes, I made them mini bagel size because I think mini food is the cutest.)

I also took quite a few pictures... so hopefully that helps! I know you can do it! And let's be real, isn't that first bite into a crunchy cinnamon-y bagel smeared with cream cheese totally worth it? (The answer is YES.)



Be sure your water is warm when activating your yeast - and be patient! Give the dough the time it needs to kneed and rise.


Once risen, the dough is wicked easy to shape, and keeps its shape as you drop it into your boiling sugar water. These steps are also all repeated in the recipe, found here. (Posh tip: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up and no stuck-on cinnamon sugar!)


The cinnamon sugar topping was my favorite part... (I love cinnamon if you haven't noticed from some of my previous posts...) Plus, you can save any extra topping for use on toast, pies, cakes, or oatmeal! We always seem to have cinnamon sugar at the ready in my house...


I also love the "homemade" shape look to them...I mean, they don't need to be perfectly round. They're homemade after all!


Thanks again to "Buns in my Oven" for this terrific recipe! If you love a crunchy cinnamon bagel as much as me, I hope you enjoy these! (Also, please be careful when removing these from a toaster... the sugar is very hot! - Trust me on this one.) Next time I make these, I might even throw in some raisins or sprinkle chopped walnuts on top... or maybe toast and serve with caramel sauce! The list of posh is endless!! 

With love (for food),
Ellen
-- A dash of posh can make all the difference in your next dish! --



No comments:

Post a Comment