Friday, August 1, 2014

Cobb Salad

Cobb (Posh) Salad

Not Your Ordinary Salad!


I'm a salad girl. I confess! As much as I'd love to tell you I'm your solid, meat-and-potatoes girl with a heart for cheesy side dishes, my heart yearns for that fresh crunch of lettuce under a sweet vinaigrette. Don't get me wrong though! I love a good chicken pot pie or fall-off-the-bone ribs. Yet, every now and then, I want a meal to freshen up my palate, as I step back from all the heavy cooking. So, I give you this Cobb Salad, with tons of posh and so many ways you can make it your own! In fact, I'm calling it Cobb (Posh) Salad. Give it a chance! (You might just like this whole 'salad' thing!)

There are so many ways you can make Cobb Salad (or most salads, for that matter). This is how I did it. You do it the way you want! I customized each plate for each person (all three of us - Mom, Dad, and me!) Extra tomatoes on one, bacon on two, avocado on all three, you get the idea! But talk about fun to make! It's like an entire plate of posh! How you arrange the veggies, what type of dressing, chilling the plates, serving the eggs warm, grilling the corn etc etc etc! We should really just omit the "Cobb" and call it "Posh Salad."

Each topping can be poshed as well. For example, the corn (the only thing not individually pictured below, of course) was from a partial bag of frozen corn. I defrosted it in the microwave, and threw it in a cast iron skillet. Then, cook until it browns, season with garlic powder and pepper, and viola! Perfectly poshed corn to top this Cobb (Posh) Salad. Think of all the creative ways you can posh the other toppings!


The dressing is another very important salad component. I love this brand called Annie's. (Check out annies.com to see all the great products!) It's natural, organic, and delicious! This was the the first time I tried the Annie's brand salad dressing and it was amazing! A good Cobb (Posh) Salad needs a dressing which will allow the flavors of the toppings to really shine, just like this Fat Free Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. It wasn't too sweet and had just enough tang to lightly flavor the entire dish.

So what are you waiting for!? Posh up some fun in the kitchen and impress your dinner guests with customized Cobb (Posh) Salads! 
With love (for food),
Ellen
--A dash of posh can make all the difference in your next dish!--


No comments:

Post a Comment