Friday, October 10, 2014

Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake


Apples + Pumpkin + Cake

(Can you say delicious!?) 


It's been far too long since I last posted and I apologize! Who knew college would get this busy so quickly!? And no, I don't mean busy with naps, television, and the occasional exam or two. (Although a couple of naps have found their way into my schedule...). I'm the type of person who enjoys having plans and events. Yet, I was able to squeak in a weekend home for a very special occassion (and this very special cake!)  In searching for the perfect dessert for my grandmother's birthday, I found this recipe for Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake and I had to make it! It was love at first site when I read the recipe...and love at first bite when I made it! Find the recipe here to try it for yourself: http://juliasalbum.com/2013/11/apple-pumpkin-bundt-cake/

Look at all that hot caramel poured on top!!
Words can't even begin to describe how moist and delicious this cake was, and making it was so easy! Plus, using only one cup of pumpkin puree gives the cake a settle orange color, while the apple and cinnamon flavors can still really shine. Drizzle some hot caramel on top and you've practically got yourself a caramel-dipped apple in cake form! (Not to mention you've got one poshed-up, delectable cake ready for any fall occasion!)

You can even see the chunks of delicious baked apples!
And fortunately, it was a huge hit for my grandmother's birthday!! Served next to a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt... it was hard to resist licking the plate and going back for more! (I mean, we have seconds during dinner...why not dessert?)

I just had to share this recipe with you all and let you know I'm still here! I'm always thinking of Posh Cuisine...dreaming of the kitchen...my apron, rubber spatula, and measuring cups at the ready. College is going well, though, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my classes. (I won't bore you with the details, but rest assured I'm keeping it posh here at school, too!)

So, this season (my favorite season), don't be afraid to experiment with fall flavors and make them your own! Bring on the apples, pumpkins, squash, and seasonings! Sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on your pumpkin pie, or cook up some homemade applesauce. Add a little posh to every dish! And try this cake!! (You'll LOVE it!!)

With love (for food),
Ellen
--A dash of posh can make all the difference in your next dish!--

No comments:

Post a Comment